Conditional Access is the add-on where you can limit user access via IP and region. This add-on helps your company implement controls where necessary to further extend the security of your organisation’s data.
IP Access Restriction and/or Region:
- IP/Region access restriction is done by verifying all user IPs per session on the platform, either via App or Desktop.
- Information about the User Region (specifically the country) is extracted on the basis of the IP (IP Geolocation lookup). All users when logging in, logging out or even logging in are connected to an IP, so the IP/Region restriction comes into action.
- IP/Region restriction validates all rules registered by IP and/or Region and blocks access if the connection is restricted.
- Whenever there are changes to the restriction rules, all user sessions of the client are validated again, and if some are restricted, the respective sessions are revoked.
- When restricting by region, all IPs in the chosen region are blocked.
- Device approval is done through the verification of user sessions on the platform, either through the application or desktop.
- Each new login the user is in a different session, therefore, the administrator has to approve that device.
- After the approval of a device, the user can unlock the session freely on that single device.
- With the feature enabled on the account, if the user logs in twice within 1 hour in locations greater than 1000 KM from one login to another, his account will be temporarily blocked automatically.
- This is a suspicious action that can compromise the security of the account, since it is impossible to make a trip so quickly.
How to enable it?
After getting the Add-on it is possible to make the configurations through the administration screen, so it is very important to highlight that only administrators profiles manage to make the adjustments in the portal. To do this you just have to do the following steps:
- Click on your photo in the upper right corner and select the option: "Administration";
- Select the section: IP/Region Restrictions;
- Now just click the key to enable the restriction;
- When the key turns green can start the configuration;
- It splits into IP/Region allowed and blocked and by clicking add you can add the data you want to restrict or allow;
- Remember that the actions are only valid when they are published, just click on:
We hope you are enjoying our service and that you are finding the information you need in our help center. If you could rate our article, it would help us to understand how we can improve and provide an even better service.
At the end of the article, you will find the field “Was this article helpful?”, just click on the option you want: Yes or No